Monday, March 28, 2011

Spring Cleaning

It's that time of year again. Cleaning out your wardrobe, closet re-assessment, de-cluttering your closet, or whatever you want to call it - it's a dreaded chore and nothing I am looking forward to. The thought of re-visitng last year's worn to shreds summer wardrobe; the never or rarely worn and ill fitting items; pieces that - looking back now - were a huge #FAIL sitting there taunting me with the inevitable question "WTH was i thinking?".


This year I vowed to make drastic changes and do a proper assessment of the contents of my closet. I read somewhere that we only wear 20% of our wardrobe, sad I know, but the good news is we wear that said 20%, 80% of the time! I think it holds true in my case as I've noticed myself sticking to a few pieces I love rather than forcing myself to wear something that's blah just for the sake of change.


So dear readers, behold my new wardrobe resolutions:
  1. I will toss away anything I haven't worn more than three times in the past year, even if it's a "classic" piece. By classic piece I'm referring to that baby pink cotton vest I got from Zara that I was hoping to pair with a floral sleeveless dress one day and a top hat and go running through the meadows in the summer time; my olive green that go with anything leggings; or that long camel cardi-coat I got that can only be worn with one dress in my closet.
  2. Any items that are too small in size will go. Chances are I will have gotten bored with them by the time I get around to actually losing the weight.
  3. There will be a bonfire of my huge Juicy Couture collection (a collection i was very proud of one point in time)
  4. Will work on a capsule wardrobe with a few quality pieces and where everything goes with everything else. If it doesn't have a coordinating buddy or two, it's out.
Wish me luck and let's hope I don't get sucked back into old habits!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...